"Buyer" means the person, firm or company who accepts Dimprice's quotation for the sale of the Goods or whose order for the Goods is accepted by Dimprice;
"Contract" means the contract for the sale and purchase of the Goods;
"Goods" means the goods (including any instalment of the goods or any parts for them) which Dimprice is to supply in accordance with these Terms;
"Dimprice" means Dimprice.com or Endless E-Commerce Limited;
"Terms" means the standard terms of sale set out in this document and (unless the context otherwise requires) includes any special terms agreed between the Buyer and Dimprice;
"Working day" means Monday to Friday excluding Bank Holidays and Public Holidays and the period between Christmas Day and New Year's Day;
"Writing" and any similar expression, includes facsimile transmission and comparable means of communication, including by electronic mail.
Basis of the sale
Dimprice shall sell and the Buyer shall purchase the Goods in accordance with these Terms, which shall govern the Contract to the exclusion of any other terms save those specifically agreed in Writing by both parties. No variation to these Terms shall be binding unless agreed in Writing by Dimprice. No representations concerning the Goods are binding unless confirmed in Writing by Dimprice but nothing in these Terms affects the liability of either party for fraudulent misrepresentation. Any advice or recommendation given by Dimprice as to the storage, application or use of the Goods which is not confirmed in Writing by Dimprice is followed or acted on entirely at the Buyer's own risk, and Dimprice shall not be liable for any such advice or recommendation which is not so confirmed. Any typographical, clerical or other error or omission in any sales literature, quotation, invoice or other document or information issued by Dimprice shall be subject to correction without any liability on the part of Dimprice. Where specific makes are mentioned in connection with replacement parts it is not implied that Dimprice has any association with the original maker. No part of any Dimprice publication may be reproduced, stored or transmitted in any form or by any means without the written approval of Dimprice. It is acknowledged that all trademarks and trade names mentioned in any Dimprice publication or on the Dimprice website other than those owned by Dimprice are the property of their respective companies/owners.
No order submitted by the Buyer shall be deemed to be accepted by Dimprice unless and until confirmed by Dimprice which confirmation shall set out the quantity, quality and description of the Goods and any special terms relating to the Contract. The Buyer shall be responsible to Dimprice for ensuring the accuracy of any order submitted. Orders received and accepted by Dimprice before 12pm on a Working Day will be dispatched on the same Working Day, subject to stock availability. Orders received after these times on a Working Day will be dispatched the following Working Day, subject to stock availability. The Buyer's telephone calls may be recorded for delivery purposes and Dimprice may refuse to trade with any Buyer at its sole discretion.
Price of the goods
The price of the Goods shall be Dimprice's quoted price or, failing which, the price listed on the Dimprice website at the date of acceptance of the order. Dimprice reserves the right to vary its advertised prices at any time. Prices are inclusive of any applicable value added tax.
We accept the following credit/debit cards:
- Master Card
- American Express
We also accept PayPal, Android Pay or Apple Pay.
We are unable to accept payment by cheque, Style Cards, Visa Electron, Solo Cards, Duet Cards, cash, postal orders or gift cards. To give you even more confidence in shopping online with us, we have introduced 3D secure payment. This enhance your existing credit/debit card accounts against unauthorised use when you shop with us.
Save where otherwise agreed delivery of the Goods shall be made by Dimprice delivering the Goods to the address supplied by the Buyer. Dimprice shall use its reasonable commercial endeavours to ensure that orders for Goods received and accepted by Dimprice before 12pm are dispatched on the same working day (subject to stock availability) although Dimprice shall not be liable for any delay in delivery of the Goods however caused. Time for delivery shall not be of the essence of the Contract unless previously agreed by Dimprice in Writing. Where an item is out of stock at the date of acceptance of the order by Dimprice the Goods will be dispatched at a later date with no extra carriage charge. If Dimprice fails to deliver the Goods for any reason other than any cause beyond Dimprice's reasonable control or the Buyer's fault, and Dimprice is accordingly liable to the Buyer, Dimprice's liability shall be limited to the excess (if any) of the cost to the Buyer (in the cheapest available market) of similar goods to replace those not delivered over the price of the Goods. In the event of non-delivery of the Goods the Buyer must advise Dimprice of such non-delivery in Writing either within 3 working days if the goods were dispatched using a Next Day Delivery option or on the 10th working day if the goods were dispatched from the date on which Dimprice confirmed its acceptance of the order in Writing. In the event of a short-fall in the Goods the Buyer must advise Dimprice of such short-fall in Writing within 3 days of receipt of the delivery of the Goods. If the Goods are received damaged, the receipt should be signed “Damaged” and Dimprice should be notified within 24 hours of the delivery of the Goods and failure to comply with this requirement may result in your claim for repair, refund or replacement of the damaged Goods being invalidated. If the Buyer fails to take delivery of the Goods or fails to give Dimprice adequate delivery instructions at the time stated for delivery (otherwise than by reason of any cause beyond the Buyer's reasonable control or by reason of Dimprice's fault) then, without limiting any other right or remedy available to Dimprice, Dimprice may: (a) store the Goods until actual delivery and charge the Buyer for the reasonable costs (including insurance) of storage; or (b) sell the Goods at the best price readily obtainable and (after deducting all reasonable storage and selling expenses) account to the Buyer for the excess over the price under the Contract or charge the Buyer for any shortfall below the price under the Contract.
Click her for additional delivery terms.
Risk and Property
Risk of damage to or loss of the Goods shall pass to the Buyer at the time of delivery or, if the Buyer wrongfully fails to take delivery of the Goods, the time when Dimprice tenders delivery of the Goods. If the risk and property in the Goods has passed to the Buyer and the Goods are subsequently returned to Dimprice for whatever reason, the risk in the Goods will not pass back to Dimprice until the Goods are signed for by authorised personnel at Dimprice.
Warranty And Liability
If you have any questions or complaints about the Products, please contact us. You can contact us by sending Whatsapp message to our customer service team at +44 7395 855 020, by writing to us at Endless E-Commerce Ltd, Suite 8 First Floor 85 Great Portland Street London, W1W 7LT, UK or email@example.com.
The statutory rights summarised below are in addition to any manufacturer’s warranty which is offered with your Products, such warranties will vary from Product to Product. If you have an issue with the Products, you can choose whether to seek a remedy under the manufacturer’s warranty or your statutory rights.
This is a summary of your key legal rights. These are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 says goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected life of your goods your legal rights entitle you to the following:
- up to 30 days: if your item is not as described, not fit for purpose or not of satisfactory quality, then you can get a refund;
- up to six months: if a faulty item cannot be repaired or replaced, then you are entitled to a full refund, in most cases; and
- if you experience a fault after six months, you may still be entitled to a repair or replacement, or, if that does not work, some of your money back. This will depend on the expected life of your product and the duration of the manufacturer’s warranty; and will only apply for a maximum of six years.
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 says digital content must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality.
- if your digital content is not as described, not fit for purpose or not of satisfactory quality, you are entitled to a repair or a replacement;
- if the issue cannot be resolved, or if it has not been fixed within a reasonable time and without significant inconvenience, you can get some, or all of your money back; and
- if you can show that a fault has damaged your device and we have not used reasonable care and skill, you may be entitled to a repair or compensation.
For more information about returning Products, see our Returns Policy.
- The use of our site and any contracts formed are governed by English law.
- All products are sold on the basis that they are for personal, domestic use only.
- We shall not be responsible to you whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for incidental, special, indirect or consequential loss or damage, any loss of profit (direct or indirect), loss of sales, loss of goodwill or reputation, loss of business, third party claims, pure economic loss arising out of or in connection of the performance or non performance of our obligations under these terms and conditions including such damage as may be reasonably foreseeable at the date you order the goods.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or restrict our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
- Our liability for any claim for loss or damage shall be limited to the sum paid by you for the goods.
- A person who is not a party to these terms and conditions shall have no right to enforce any term under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court the invalidity or unenforceability of such provision shall not affect the other provisions of these terms and conditions.
- We may assign or transfer any of our rights or sub contract any of our obligations under these terms and conditions to any third party.
- You may not assign or transfer any of your rights or sub contract any of your obligations under these terms and conditions except with our specific permission in writing.
- We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time and any such changes will be communicated on our website.
- There are links on our website to third party websites which we believe may be of interest to you. We do not have any control over the content of these websites nor can we be liable in respect of anything contained on these websites.
- These terms and conditions govern the entire trading relationship between you and ourselves and will remain in force for the duration of our trading relationship.
- All intellectual property rights (including use of trade marks) shall be solely owned by us. You are permitted only to use material on this website as expressly authorised by us or our licensors.
- Any unauthorised use of material on this site is strictly prohibited.
- We will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any product or pricing information which we place on the site but we make no warranties (whether express or implied) in relation to the accuracy of such information).
- We may close your account or terminate our trading relationship by giving you notice of at least seven (7) days. This does not affect your obligation to repay any amounts you owe to us.
- These Terms and Conditions supersede all previous Terms and Conditions, representations, undertakings and agreements.